Wednesday, March 16, 2011

U.S. Ambassador Cameron Munter On The Pardon Of Raymond Davis (03/16/2011) - U.S. Embassy Islamabad, Pakistan

 

Islamabad - The families of the victims of the January 27 incident in Lahore have pardoned Raymond Davis.  I am grateful for their generosity.  I wish to express, once again, my regret for the incident and my sorrow at the suffering it caused.  

I can confirm that the United States Department of Justice has opened an investigation into the incident in Lahore.  

I wish to express my respect for Pakistan and its people, and my thanks for their commitment to building our relationship, to everyone's benefit.  Most of all, I wish to reaffirm the importance that America places in its relationship with Pakistan, and the commitment of the American people to work with their Pakistani counterparts to move ahead in ways that will benefit us all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment